- Oversees laboratory safety and ensures that the laboratory remains in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations. In cases where non-compliance is found, documents the instances as well as how they were abated.
- Preparation of budget and inventory management
- Update and maintain the Lab Safety Plan/Manual and the SDS Manual.
- Ensures that the laboratory is cleaned/sanitized and kept in an orderly manner.
- Ensures all instrumentations/equipment is functioning properly
- Ensures lab users have been trained on the correct use of the lab equipment, in addition to mentoring and disciplining lab users for not following safety policies/procedures that have been
- established for the lab.
- Schedules safety training for new lab users and retraining for lab users who are in need of refresher training to include but not be limited to: equipment training, safety training and/or lab
- safety plan reviews and ensure the training has been documented.
- Disposable of Organic and Inorganic waste
- Bachelors in Lab Technology / relevant subject with minimum 5 years teaching experience